Friday, March 16, 2012

Time ....Family....Life

where does it go? Because I have no idea where the past month has gone, let alone the past year so, wait let's just go back to the last decade or maybe even farther because I have no idea where it all went. It seems to me that when you are a teenager you want to hurry and grow up but when you get to be an adult you want to slow down at times. You want to take the time and enjoy the music, smell the flowers, marvel at the view and spend time with your loved ones. All I know is that later on this year it will be my 25th High School Reunion and part of me can't wait because many I haven't seen since graduation but the other part is saying Holy Crap 25 years!!

Family...in my house growing up family wasn't just those who were related by blood, it was those around you as well. Friends can be consider family and sometimes you can hold them closer. As my mother was an immigrant to Canada her family was thousands of kilometers/miles away and so they were not seen that often. That meant that during the holidays there was others around us and that made it so interesting. Looking back fondly at those memories I don't know all that happened just that it puts a smile on my face when I think of our neighbors and friends playing the parcel game, Rummoli, bagging pots & pans at New Years, and the list continues. Doing all that prepared me for when I got married to a Navy guy. So many times it wasn't "family" at the holidays but friends. Those friends are so important to me and the kids in our lives at times and I know we are in theirs. We became our own family, our own Ohana, which means family and no one gets left behind.

Life. There is always going to be good times and bad times in your life. At times it will seem like it is taking forever, there is no tomorrow, too many bad times, and no light at the end of the tunnel. That things which are happening to you are not fair and you did nothing wrong, that something came out of nowhere which you never expected. BUT there is the good times which will outweigh the bad, there are things that are fair because justice will prevail, there is a light for there is an end you just might not see it right now, and tomorrow will come you just have to get through today one moment at a time. You can do it, you can survive, for your Ohana is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment