Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blogging

I had a blog before but after awhile it just petered out. So I decided that I needed to start another one this time though from a different angle. But you know what it is almost just as hard because while I started out writing all the time, lately I have been stuck for ideas. Then one day I sat down and wrote some out but did that really help? Nope because that was 2 weeks ago and I didn't write a single one. I am jealous of people who are able to write continuously and it doesn't seem that difficult at all for them. (That is my view though because we often know what we see is often very different to what is really going on as it might be just as hard for them) The funny thing is though I used to not have a problem writing, I did it all the time growing up. Creating these poems, writing these stories of what I thought I would be doing or where I thought I would be and so forth when I was a teenager. The pen seemed to go so easily and just flow. I had papers and notebooks and everything else filled with thoughts, with dreams, with ideas. I can laugh at them looking back when I re-read them which makes it just as rewarding in a sense. Now though it doesn't seem to be, I think in all my growing up I stopped from allowing myself to relax, to dream, to use my imagination on what could be. There is nothing wrong with that because we need that in order to really survive.

I mean where we would be in this world if Walt Disney didn't have his imagination? Can you imagine the world without Disney? I can't, I shutter honestly when I consider that could have happened. No Mickey Mouse, no Bambi, no Snow White, no Cinderella, no dreaming that one day our prince would come, no going to a place that allows you to be a kid. This world I think in many ways would be so sad if we didn't have Disney. Who else really changed our world not necessarily in a way that we think about? What would have happened if the ship never landed at Plymouth Rock? Where we would be if Queen Victoria had never reigned? Without Gandhi? Without hockey (okay I'm watching Canucks vs Kings right now please win tonight boys you can't lose 3 games in a row)? And heaven forbid without true football - soccer! All these things have become a part of our lives that often we take for granted. So we do need to sit down and honestly take a look at them sometimes. The true question of where would we be.

No comments:

Post a Comment