Friday, April 6, 2012

In our world, on this day

We are forgetting the true meaning behind it. We are instead focusing on the fact that is it Friday; in many areas the sun is breaking through the clouds after weeks/months of rain; we are quick to drive to work or school stopping at the drive thru coffee place on the way; we are forming weekend plans to do with our family or by ourselves; we are cleaning the house, doing homework, or other things; we are... all these words are WE, ME, I, or OUR. The world of hardknocks it is becoming a ME world, what is in it for ME; What do I get out of it; I can't help you with that; I'm sorry it won't work for ME; WE won't benefit from that; YOU are wrong; etc... When did we start concentrating on ourselves and not others? When did we forget the true meaning of life? When did we become who we are? When did we throw what we had been given by the wayside?

This is a day that occurred around 2,000 years ago when THE Man who brought us another important day in our lives, was betrayed, accused, sentenced and killed for US. He didn't know us, he didn't do anything wrong, but yet he gave his life for us. For us to be forgiven by God for the sins that we do each and every day of our lives. HE forgives us without question when we ask for it. HE allows us to move ahead in our lives. HE gave up HIS only son for us, people he had not yet created. How can we forget that? How can we forget this gift of life and forgiveness? How can we stop ourselves for a moment, for a minute, for an hour, for a day, for a month, for our lives and remember? How can we instead of rushing off somewhere to do something stop and appreciate what is around us? The mountains, the trees, the flowers, the beauty that is created all before us FOR US. A beauty that can never be matched, never replicated, never seen again beyond that one moment in time.

So every today and every tomorrow do that, stop, and say just a few simple words - Thank You God for what you have placed before me. Thank You God for forgiving me for my sins. Thank You God for allowing me to forgive the sins of others against me. Thank You God for giving up your only Son. Thank You God for being by my side as I walk down this path. Thank You God for carrying me when I needed it. Thank You God for my life. Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment