Monday, February 13, 2012

My Wii is right!

Want to know why? Because today according to the Wii Fit Plus I am really 33 :) One day last week it told me I was 21 in fact except for a few days it always tells me that I am younger than my age through the daily fitness test. (Of course it also helped that it told my son who is 13 that he was 24! That would have meant I was 9 when I had him which in some ways women love to hear that they don't look old enough to have a child that age) So see here is another reason to believe that you still have life after 40. Because while you might be 40 and above in age it doesn't mean that you have to be that way mentally or physically.

I am a strong believer in the saying you are always a child in your heart. I think it is important to do that at times. To stop thinking about things in the complicated adult manner, to remember what it was like as a child, to have some of the innocence back, have dreams, and most important to have an imagination. As a parent you are always trying to be an adult we can easily forget about that. We can try to be too responsible, to strict, to much of a parent not remembering what it was like to be a child. We need to bring ourselves down to their level sometimes not just in height but in manner. If that means to play a video game, tickle them senseless, play a board game, throw a snowball or anything else and be a kid ourselves. Especially in our world today when there seems to be so much more required mentally, physically and emotionally for a child compared to when we were growing up. Don't you remember the days of playing outside until it got dark, riding our bikes everywhere, playing kick-the-can, only have 13 channels if you were lucky on the TV you had to get up and change the channel, and when the house only had one phone.

Oh to be a kid again sometimes it sounds like wishful thinking but is it really? Is it wrong to remember those good old days? Is it wrong to have that imagination back? is it wrong to want to be a kid? No of course not because you are always a kid at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment